Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Authentic Chinese Herbal Doctor at Chinese Cultural Center


Phoenix, AZ: Traditional Chinese Medicine dates back thousands of years, and offers a system of many effective treatments, including herbal remedies, to acupuncture, etc. The Ranch 99 cultural center at 44th Street/loop 202 in phoenix contains an amazing little Chinese herbal store to the left of the main Ranch 99 store as you face it.
You can basically walk in and wait to see the Doctor. Wait can average 10-15 minutes. I took my friend Bernando LaPallo to get treated there. He is over 107 years young and going strong. Unfortunately he suffered a very mild stroke because he was so stressed about his ailing wife.
The chinese medical doctor takes your pulses and prescribes a regimen of various exotic herbs, all of which are available at the store. The staff bags up the herbs for you, you buy them, and take them home. You boil the herbs in a huge pot and let them simmer as instructed, for over an hour. You do this daily for a week.
The first time I took these was in January 2009, because I was still detoxifying from a dental procedure. I had such a strong reaction to the herbal drink I was prescribed - i felt very nauseated, headachey. In fact I was so in pain it felt as if my eyeballs were hurting and would pop out of my skull. It was difficult for me even to move!
Fortunately this passed in about a week. My naturopath observed that that regimen helped me finally kick the last traces of a dental infection!
The next round of herbal remedies I tried in late March/early April 2009, and my detox reaction was subtle this time.
My dear centenarian friend Bernando fully supports herbal medicine, and that's why he had such faith in seeing this Chinese medical doctor.
Info:
Healthy Chinese Herbs Co., Inc.
668 N. 44th St. Suite 113
Phoenix, AZ 85008
Tel: 602.244.9885

No comments:

Post a Comment