Monday, March 16, 2009

A Sedona Raw Food Bliss Cafe Weekend Adventure


Sedona, AZ: Accepting an invite to attend a dance party at Raw Bliss Cafe Saturday night, I packed my audiobooks, cellphone, and water jug and hopped in the car for a lovely 2 hour afternoon ride up to the spiritual vortex, Sedona.


First I discovered a source of the Sedona Spring water (a secret) and filled up. The water tasted so sweet. My cells were overjoyed to imbibe something so pure and fresh. I felt grateful to have access to such a pure water supply and at the same time felt concerned for those who do not.


At New Frontiers, the local co-op market, I stocked up on some rare goodies not easily found in Phoenix: a chunk of Himalayan rock salt, and wheat-free sprouted bread. The rock salt pieces can be soaked in water to make a brine that can be added in small quantities to remineralize water, which is often depleted in municipal supplies.


Ran into dear friend Shauna who works in nutrition. I first met her when she was massage therapist at the rawfood rejuvenation center Tree of Life in Patagonia, AZ. She mentioned she is living at the home of Jim Law, landscaper of 17 years, and producer of Water the movie, and The Voice. I invited them to join me at Bliss Cafe dance party after she got off work at 9.

I crossed the street to Bliss Cafe. Live acoustic guitar, a serene atmosphere, and the aromas of healthy gourmet food. All raw, all vegan. No taste deprivation. I ordered soup, a "pizza" made of sprouted buckwheat crust, topped with kalamata olives, a vegan "cheez" sauce, and sprouts. Accompanied by a splendid glass of home-grown Kombucha. (Kombucha contains natural probiotics excellent for supporting beneficial intestinal flora, boosting immune system, etc.)
A friend of a friend, Rachel, and a talented shamanic artist, both introduced themselves to me. After dinner I continued lounging on the corner sofa while the staff prepared the space for the dance.
A little girl approached me and began to play with some jewelry nearby, and that's when things got really interesting...


No comments:

Post a Comment