Monday, July 27, 2009

Chakra 4: A charming herb tea house/apothecary, organic vegan raw food restaurant


Phoenix, Arizona. 20th Street/Camelback, in the shopping plaza on the Southeast corner. Past Trader Joe's.
We all joined for a lovely Sunday afternoon brunch. My fellow raw foodie Emma, Jen, Ally, Sarah, Sarah, and Holly, along with Sarah's boyfriend.
I ordered a calming, soothing chai tea with almond milk, agave, and kava kava. As my entree I ordered a kale wrap with blueberry spinach filling, which was surprisingly tasty.
Service took a bit longer than I would have liked but I loved the food, tea, and ambiance. I would definitely recommend it to anyone who likes this type of food.
I hope this restaurant does well. The biggest challenge I see is attracting enough clientele because it is not easy to find, and unless a friend had told me about it I would have been in the dark. It is not visible from the street. Apparently this restaurant has been around for a while.
But I am sure the seekers of this quality cuisine and the higher nutritional lifestyle will find this place. "When the student is ready the teacher appears."

No comments:

Post a Comment